Major- String It Together
The workshop aims at giving participants the necessary tools to truly feel at one with their guitar and express their creativity with as little impediment or inhibition as possible, and maximum control. Both rhythm and lead playing will be explored. Although the concepts explored can be applied to all styles of music, the examples and exercises will be blues-based in this scenario, in order to hone skills within the genre.
Areas of focus:
- Wellness: prepping hands and mind for optimal execution
- Ear training: if you can’t hear it, you can’t play it. Emphasis is on ‘how it’s played’, not just ‘what is played’
- Hand exercises: rhythm, articulations, melodic
- Transcription: learning and executing a selection of tunes to be presented at the final concert
- Mobility: chordal and melodic fluidity (movable chord and scale shapes)